If Shark Week on the Discovery Channel ever caught your attention, get ready to meet the real deal. Shark fishing is a specialty of Captain Moe’s Lucky Fleet. We’ve helped vacationers get their start in shark fishing and we’ve helped experienced anglers make the catch of their dreams. We’ll set you up with the proper reels, bait and battle gear so that you will be prepared to face Jaws himself. We can provide the best shark fishing Key West has to offer!
Shark Fishing Key West
Key West is a great place for shark fishing. Not only are there plenty of sharks around, but they come in all different sizes and species:
- Hammerhead Sharks – These unique sharks use their powerful bodies very well in a fight. These relatively rare sharks tend to be about 6 to 12 feet long and can get up to 700 lbs.
- Tiger Sharks – Named for the dark, vertical stripes found on their bodies, tiger sharks have earned a reputation for attacking people. Their size ranges from 10 to 14 feet in length and they easily weigh 1,000 lbs.
- Bull Sharks – These sharks get their name for their head-butting behavior. They vary about 3 to 9 feet in length and can get up to 400 lbs.
- Lemon Sharks – These powerful yellow-colored sharks are the reason many people come shark fishing. They are the most common year-round catch and can reach up to 10 feet in size.
- American Sharpnose Sharks – These long-snouted sharks tend to be about 4 feet in length.
- Bonnet Head Sharks – With their shovel-shaped heads, these small sharks are often mistaken for hammerheads. Bonnet Head Sharks weigh around 20 lbs, averaging between 2 to 5 feet in length.
- Black Tip Sharks – These speedy sharks get their name for their fins, which look as if someone dipped them in black paint. They range in size from about 2 to 6 feet in length.
Are You Ready To Go Shark Fishing?
If you are looking for the voyage of a lifetime, call Captain Moe’s Lucky Fleet today! You can also contact us online or browse our website for the right charter boat for you. Our three charter fishing boats are ready for you, and for the shark fishing Key West trip of your dreams.